Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lil Bee's Product focus: My Favorite Things Dienamics

Hello Crafters,

Had a busy day yesterday so posting Lil Bee's Product Focus today.
The winner of last product focus is:

I would go with Cover-a-Card Paisley Crystal Code: CC036 stamp. I feel the design on this stamp would look good on a retro and vintage theme project. The stamped image can be brightly colored to achieve a retro look and using distress inks along with various aging techniques the vintage look can be achieved."

Congrats Vinitha!

Now its turn for Lil Bee's product focus and today we have Dienamics from My Favorite Things in the spotlight. They are American made steel dies which can cut through a lot of different materials and work in all die cutting machines.

 

The first is Dienamics Tea Party Doily, amazing diecut but sometimes takes a while to take out the little cut pieces. Its better to cut few at a time and store for future projects.


Next we have Dienamics Fresh Cut Grass, best for using with cards.

To bring in shades I have first dabbed the Grass diecut with Peeled Paint distress stain.
 Then I have dabbed Forest Moss distress stain in few places.
 To mix both ,I have covered the whole with Antique Linen Distress stain.
 Added a few dabs of Vintage photo distress stain.
 Then covered the whole diecut with Peeled paint distress stain.
And finally colored the edges with Peeled Paint distress markers.

Next we have Dienamics Mini Rolled roese. I just love them. They are tiny roses suitable for all projects.

 I have covered these roses diecuts with Chalk mists from Tattered Angels. Then I stamped the smaller rose with the dot stamp available in Dienamics Tea party die cut and stamp set.



Then we have Retro Rolled flower, this is a little larger than the mini rolled roses.


  I have stamped this diecut with mini hearts from Lawn fawn stamps.

 Another flower is the rolled mum.
 I have stamped with small dot stamp from the same Tea party set and then colored the edges with Copics Spica brown.

 Last is the Royal rose, Also one of my favorites.


 I have covered the diecut with Distress Stains.
 After rolling it and gluing together, I have sprayed the centre with pink chalk mist by Tattered Angels.
 And then using glossy accents ,i have filled the centre of the rose with beads.
Here are all the flowers .
 You can use them individually or bunches and they make an excellent accent to your project. If you don't want to use inks, stamps or mists, then just use patterned papers to cut them and have the flowers match your project!


So to win one of these MFT Flowers dienamics, just comment on how would you use them!

Winner will be chosen in next episode of Lil Bee's Product focus!

Happy Crafting!

11 comments:

  1. These are surely time savers and make crafting soo so easy...I own the rolled roses and they cut everything like butter!!! Would love to try the royal rose!!
    Hoping to use some one my mini albums!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dienamics die make such lovely flowers and they are time saving too...would definitely love to make roses with them and also include some embossing in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE EXPERTS DIES ARE REALLY WHICH CAN BRING ALL TIME SPRING IN HAND,WE CAN ENJOY FLOWERS EVERY TIME'WITH DIE-NAMICS ROYAL ROSES,AND MY HANDMADE STUFF WILL GET MORE BEAUTY AND ELEGANCY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is funny :-) i was just searching for the grass die cut this morning
    fingers crossed!
    Reem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a time saving dies to make such a beautiful flowers. In cards and frames they are soo elegant on them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the gr8 review!!! never knew that they even included spiral roses.....
    Some of the things you could do with these dies include:

    1) Make a topiary by using a thermacol or plastic ball
    2) You could make a beautiful paper flower bouquet or even a table arrangement!!
    3) Great use as embellishments
    4) You can distress them and harden them using PVA glue and use them for decorating vases etc.... To give a ceramic look....

    And many more too....they are no limits for your creativity!!

    The Doilies are also prove to be a good embellishment!! You could make laces out of them by cutting the outer ring and giving them some frills....(don't know how to explain it in words though) ....you could also make beautiful rosettes too!!

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am a newbie so... it's a rescuer for someone like me who doesn't know all these techniques. What I will surely do with this is..I will create a paper mobile for my window... and one for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awsome dies... i have the roses....its super awsome...i love the grass and other flowers as flowers always make me crazy....would love to make some flowers with them and make a bouquet of them to add color to a gift wrap.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Hana I got your parcel yesterday-- My little one was so curious about the inks as I have never owned such stuff and the rhinestones chandelier is mindblowing-- shall make something special and share the link with you.
    The flower dies are beautiful . I use flowers mostly in cards and 3 D paper craft projects and many find their way to school as part of my little one's school projects.
    Thank You once again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all the dies but my fav wld be roses as embellisment for layouts and the dotted roses look awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Miss hana,

    I am actually a beginner of this scrapbooking hobby. I'm actually looking for tutorials in you tube how to start and learn different techniques how to use the tools i bought from the states.

    So I am very lucky to know you in facebook. if i will be given a chance to have this beautiful flowers as part of my embellishment. I want to have a floral exploded box.. i am planning to make a surprise gift for my ill bestfriend. i know my project will be pretty enough to make my friend happy.

    nice chatting with you.

    hugs and kisses,

    louella
    0509581263

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Lil Bee's posts. I would love to have your comments!